Visa Requirements For Teaching In UK

Posted: Dec 04 2013

There are thousands of teachers coming to England every year looking for teaching jobs. The UK always welcomes new and talented professionals who are passionate about their job and want to make a difference in students’ lives. However, many enthusiastic education specialists encounter problems when they forget to take care of visa requirements and proper documents that will allow them to teach in the UK.

Documents To Take Care Of For Teachers Coming From Abroad

In order to teach in the UK and receive a salary, your passport won’t be enough (unless you come from the European Union). You will need to provide the following:

  • A valid passport
  • A valid visa – that allows you to legally work in the UK;
  • A bachelor degree or Diploma of Education or Higher Diploma in Education, for primary school teachers should have a 3 or 4 year Bachelor degree – to show your qualification and experience;
  • Current CV which shows your employment for the past 2 years. It is recommended that you provide 2 references from referees who have seen you teach within the past 2 years
  • Original police clearance from your home country, as well as any counties you have lived in for more than six months since the age of 18;
  • A UK police check (Criminal Bureau Check). For this check you don’t necessarily have to be in the UK as it can be done from the country you live in;
  • Proof of your current address.

This process might sound complicated and intimidating at first, but at SANZA Teaching we will gladly help you with this process. If you have any questions we will do our best to answer them. We always go one step further to help you get a UK teaching job that meets your expectations and have a hassle-free experience travelling to the UK.

To ensure you are eligible to work in the UK and obtain the correct visa, we suggest you check your local British High Commission website where you can select your country and find information about which visa you will need.